Shraddha murder case: Aftab to be brought to court via video conference | Wbactive

A Delhi court on Thursday granted a request by Delhi Police to appear by Aftab Amin Poonawala, who is accused of strangling his partner Shraddha Walker to death and hacking her body into 35 pieces, via video conference for security reasons and the sensitivity of the case . Metropolitan Magistrate Aviral Shukla granted the request after reviewing the facts presented by the police.

“According to the information, some religious and scoundrels could attack the accused. In these circumstances, it would not be appropriate to bring the accused into court,” Delhi Police said. After considering the application, the judge said, “I am aware of the public opinion surrounding the case. I am also aware of the media coverage and the sensitivity of the matter.

In the interest of justice, the request to appear by videoconference is permissible.” While the court considered the request, lawyers protested outside the courtroom, raising slogans against Aftab. They raised the slogan “Shraddha ke hatyare ko fansi do, fansi do” (Hang the murderer of Shraddha).

The court then stated that the request for an extension of police custody would be processed via VC. Aftab was arrested on Saturday after Delhi police began investigating a missing persons report filed by Shraddha’s father, Vikas Walker. He tried to deceive the police in Delhi and Mumbai in the first days of the investigation.

Delhi Police sources made a big claim in the Shraddha Walker murder case on Thursday, saying that the accused, Aftab Poonawalla, had charred his partner’s face to hide her identity. Delhi Police sources claimed that he first hacked her body into 35 pieces and then burned her face in such a way that it would be unidentifiable even if the body parts were discovered. “During interrogation, Aftab revealed that he learned all of this from the internet and also how to hide the body from anyone’s reach,” the sources claimed.

In another loop in the Shraddha Walker murder case, Delhi’s Southern District Police have contacted their eastern counterparts to match the DNA sample of hacked body parts, including a human head, which the latter recovered in early June. According to the sources, in June this year, almost a month after the assassination of Shraddha (on 18 April), East Delhi Police

In the case of East Delhi, the police were unable to determine which body parts were involved due to the manipulated state of the recovered body parts. The body parts found in East Delhi have been sent for a DNA test and the forensic report will come soon. The bones found in the forests of Mehrauli were also sent for DNA testing. Police will compare the DNA report of all pieces found at those two locations and try to determine if the body parts found belonged to Shraddha, the sources said. The southern district police have contacted the eastern district police regarding this. The East District Police have turned over all information to the South District Police.

Meanwhile, Delhi Police have found a new lead in their investigation into the Shraddha Walker murder case, in which they found an outstanding water bill at the home of defendant Aftab Poonawalla, given the circumstances that 20,000 liters of water are being provided free of charge in Delhi government, the sources said. Police received information from Aftab’s neighbors that he has an outstanding water bill of Rs 300, according to the sources. It was also revealed that the accused had ordered food online after the crime.

According to the bill found at home, he ordered two burgers valued at Rs. 650. Also, he didn’t even go outside for tea. Aftab previously told police that there was a dispute between the couple over the removal of household items from Mumbai before the murder. Police investigation revealed the couple had an argument on May 18, during which Aftab killed Shraddha. Delhi Police sources said the May 18 dispute was not the first, with Aftab and Shraddha fighting for three years.

“On May 18, the two got into an argument over taking household items from Mumbai. They used to argue over who would pay for the household expenses and bring the items. Aftab became very angry about this. The dispute began around 8pm on May 18 when Aftab strangled Shraddha. He kept her body in the room overnight and left the next day to buy a knife and a fridge,” sources told ANI. Aftab was arrested on Saturday after Delhi police started to file a missing person’s report of Shraddha’s father, Vikas to investigate walkers.

Aftab tried to deceive the police in Delhi and Mumbai in the early days of the investigation. Aftab had attempted to cover up Shraddha’s murder by removing all physical evidence, but he had left behind the digital evidence which police traced to discover the truth of the case.

When the Delhi Police opened the investigation, Aftab had told the police that Shraddha left home on May 22 (Shraddha was killed on May 18) after a fight. He claimed she only carried her cell phone and left her belongings at his apartment. According to police sources, he claimed she was unavailable and has not been in touch with her since. However, the truth emerged when police reviewed the couple’s phone call records and investigated their whereabouts.

The biggest breakthrough police obtained was the bank statement of the couple’s account, which showed a Rs 54,000 transaction from Shraddha’s Net Banking Account App to Aftab’s account on May 26. The transaction exposed Aftab’s lies that he previously claimed Shraddha was unavailable after May and that he did not get in touch with her, the sources said. The location of the bank transfer, which took place on May 26, also turned out to be the area of ​​the Mehrauli Police Station.

Also, on May 31st, there was a chat with her friend from Shraddha’s Instagram account. When police discovered the location of Shraddha’s phone, it was found to be in the Mehrauli Police Station area of ​​Delhi. Aftab could not answer the police’s question that if Shraddha was carrying her phone, why was his location traced back to his home? At that moment, Aftab revealed the truth.

Maharashtra Police sources said that when Shraddha’s family could not reach her because her phone was off, they filed a missing persons report with Manikpur Police Station. Following the complaint, Aftab was summoned to Manikpur Police Station for questioning. Meanwhile, on Tuesday, Shraddha’s father called for the accused to be sentenced to death, while also suspecting a “love jihad” behind the incident. (ANI)

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)


Leave a Comment