Overview: The Vice President of Communications and Public Relations for the Americas leads communications and public relations strategy for Tiffany Americas. The incumbent, in conjunction with the Zone President and Zone Executive Committee, and in partnership with the global communications and public relations team, is responsible for growing and increasing desirability of the brand across America. The role is responsible for creating and leading both strategic and tactical initiatives, prioritizing needs based on brand alignment in terms of media, influencers, customer groups, products and campaigns.
This individual is a dynamic leader with strong communication skills who is passionate about the brand, understands luxury and is connected to media, press, top influencers, talent and media events. You must be aware of competitive and market trends and maintain important relationships with press and opinion leaders. This leader must lead America in creativity to ensure the Zone excels in all aspects of communications and outreach. He/she must know the communication and PR context of all American markets, with a special focus on NYC and the main cities of the zone. You will need to ensure local market communications implementation is aligned with the zone strategy and work with both the NYC based communications and PR teams as well as the market teams and local market resources.
The Vice President of Communications and Public Relations must value openness, be proactive and approachable, and model and uphold our core belief: People make a difference. You need to be creative, innovative, excel and cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit. The individual will lead a high-performing team specializing in media, PR and events in America.
Brand Strategy Management
- Create, develop and lead robust communications strategies to maximize resources and market potential and align with global brand positioning.
- Conduct strategic planning and implementation of integrated interdisciplinary advertising measures for communication, media, PR and events.
- Skillfully craft a global branding strategy to effectively gain insights into market implementation.
Brand Local Execution Management
- Translation of globally developed brand concepts for local implementation, where relevant.
- Guide and manage the dependencies between functions within the zone and promote alignment within functions.
- Manage and measure performance results with Teams to achieve the best results.
Metrics and Measurement
- Creating, developing and conducting qualitative and quantitative market research using local and global resources.
- Leadership in evaluating and reporting on competitive and cultural trends
- Develop and lead strategies related to identified trends, lead projects on customer initiatives.
- Track trends, analyze market research and studies, make recommendations, and develop comprehensive strategic actions based on data.
- Create an understanding mindset of customers and competitors to maintain competitive advantage – act on that insight.
Agency and HR management
- Managing and directing advertising, media and PR agencies.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key press and thought leaders in the zone and identify opportunities for high visibility brand and product stories in partnership with Global.
- Monitor and optimize agency relationships and proactive targeting of emerging media such as top influencers and talent.
Relationship management (global and market)
- Responsible for globally representing the needs of the zone with influence and two-way dialogue to ensure there is a balance.
- As touchpoints to ensure a brand voice – for brand messaging, product presentation and other important alignments .
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional functions within communications and marketing specialties.
- Preferred experience in the luxury industry with premium brands.
- Proven ability to lead with passion, seriousness and credibility.
- Broad business acumen.
- Ability to compare luxury standards with own experience across the industry.
- A deep and proven understanding of luxury marketing likely to be gained through:
- 10+ years in senior level marketing in the luxury/premium industry.
- Demonstrable track record of guiding a communications strategy through a period of change.
- Evidence of strong networks and reputation in the communications and PR arena.
- Proven team leadership and development skills.
- Ability to self-direct / work with ambiguity.
- University degree or post-graduate studies in marketing, communication or another relevant discipline.